Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by gearhead

The "new" Danbury Station sucks and not in a good way. Its never open and thereforth there are no bathrooms..we should go back to the old station..oh yeah you have to walk to the bus station as well rather then have all in one intermodal station.
  by DutchRailnut

The station is managed by City of Danbury, so complain to them.
The Bathrooms in Station are fully functional.
  by DutchRailnut

Well he is reporting it in MNCR forum.
No mention of HRRC ???
  by MEC407

It was originally posted in the Housatonic forum; I moved it to the Metro-North forum.
  by andre

i use this station twice a week... the station is not owned or staffed my MNCR... it is owned and "staffed" by the City of Danbury. in two years of using the station i have never seen the waiting room open but whenever theres a new timetable published they are always placed INSIDE the locked waiting room... If you do happen to feel the urge to go to the bathroom there are a few restaurants walking distance across the street where you can sit down grab a drink and then head back across the street before train time (i recommend the holiday diner, just tell them your trying to get on the train departing at X:XX time and they will be more then happy to serve you)
  by R36 Combine Coach

Danbury Station was built new in 1994. For its first several years, it was manned with a agent until 2002, when ticket machines arrived.
  by DutchRailnut

Just because MNCR had a ticket office in it does not change ownership.
The City of Danbury owns station and has agreement with CDOT to unlock the station prior to first train, and lock it again after 8PM.
At first it was done by Danbury PD , who had a small office in station, later it was parking authority.
Whoes job it is now ??? find out via Danbury Majors office
  by Jeff Smith

gearhead wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 am The "new" Danbury Station sucks and not in a good way. Its never open and thereforth there are no bathrooms..we should go back to the old station..oh yeah you have to walk to the bus station as well rather then have all in one intermodal station.
Speaking of a poor connection to bus station: NewsTimes.com
Danbury gets $1.6M in federal funds to design long-shelved Transit Center to connect buses, trains

DANBURY — The Danbury Transit Center, a vision long in the works that has sat shelved, may finally get off the ground with the infusion of new federal funds toward the project.

A report commissioned by the city in 2018 recommended relocating the HARTransit Pulse Point station now on Kennedy Avenue to a new location closer to the Metro-North Railroad station at 1 Patriot Drive. The proposed bus station could be built across the tracks from the train station along what is now an unused 5-acre commercial lot on Pahquioque Avenue, according to the study on transit-oriented development.