• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by AceMacSD

CR7876 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
Bracdude181 wrote: 1888 blew blue smoke everywhere at Adelphia Road
Sir Toppem Hatt is dead!
Speaking of hats there Vinny I saw that picture of you on the Freehold Facebook group. Very cute. Rabbit season or duck season?
  by CR7876

AceMacSD wrote:
Sir Toppem Hatt is dead!
Speaking of hats there Vinny I saw that picture of you on the Freehold Facebook group. Very cute. Rabbit season or duck season?
That was by far, the warmest hat I ever owned.
  by Bracdude181

They had 6 for Woodhaven and are heading back north as of 11:11 am

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

Train stopped at Builders for a few minutes. Tracks Unlimited is putting ties in the builders general siding

by AceMacSD

CR7876 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am
AceMacSD wrote:
Sir Toppem Hatt is dead!
That was by far, the warmest hat I ever owned.
That pic gave me a good laugh. Can't believe I've never seen it before. The guys at BRW said they seen it too. BTW, is that a young AA there in that pic and where on the Freehold was that?
  by CR7876

Me and AA caught an extra on a Saturday or Sunday to go down the Southern ( couldn't fill the SA35 Thursday or Friday). The derailed boxcar is on the US Components lead, in Lakewood. US Components was north of old Woodhaven, kind of where Woodhaven is now, but on the other side of the tracks. The boxcar was an inbound for 84 Lumber that i wanted to keep on the headend and we were picking up an empty at US, oops. I kinda did the same thing on the Asphalt Track in Flemington with the old ballast hoppers, not long after this.
  by Bracdude181

Wasn't the US Components siding in rough shape towards the end? Like before they went bankrupt?

The site where US Components was is now a school, and the old Woodhaven is now Cambridge Paving Stones. The track is still there but I believe Conrail tore the switch out some time ago.

by AceMacSD

Ok so not the Freehold just posted in that Facebook group. gotcha. Don't recall ever putting cars in at US. I vaguely remember the siding maybe fit one or two cars behind the fence.
  by Bracdude181

Getting out of lakewood at 11:37 am.

They had 5 for Woodhaven. Same power as usual.