• BERX Locomotive Fleet - General Discussion

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by BlueFlag

Seems to me there is enough going on about this to warrant a separate thread, starting with various power delivered prior to September 1.

According to another site, 4 Dash 8s from New Orleans are on the way, BERX 4001-4004.

This is in addition to earlier post in Patriot Corridor thread on forecast arrivals of power from Eastern Alabama Railway and Quebec Gatineau Railway.

Later edit/addition: And the hits just keep on comin'. BAYL 6409 reported heading to BERX. So is it safe to safe the original allocation was insufficient?
  by BlueFlag

Interesting. There was visual evidence of their presence on M427 at MA/NH line the afternoon of September 9 after being at Rigby the previous evening.
  by NHV 669

Yes, I believe they went through Andover that night as the pictures I saw were taken in the dark. I got my days mixed up.
  by MEC407

BlueFlag wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:02 am According to another site, 4 Dash 8s from New Orleans are on the way, BERX 4001-4004.
Those must be the ex-NOPB, exx-NS Dash 8-40Cs that were recently for sale, and are now listed as sold. Externally they are in very rough shape. Hopefully they run better than they look.
  by MEC407

Subaru Boy or whatever his name is will lose his mind when he sees them.
  by BlueFlag

Bay Line 3019 is now in B&E revenue service, spotted this morning on BFED in Greenfield. Not sure if its marked for BERX in any way.
  by nomis

Per Ulmer, it is still BAYL 3019

Also from above:
BERX 4001 - NS 8750
BERX 4002 - NS 8751
BERX 4003 - NS 8759
BERX 4004 - NS 8760
  by johnpbarlow

Is this slug set the first G&W orange livery unit to operate across PAS D3?
  by BlueFlag

Facebook post today shows Ottawa Valley Railway 3029 leading ED9 to Springfield. I may be mistaken, but I do not recall any previous sightings of this visitor from the Great White North. In any event, it is a rare sighting of a G&W paint scheme at the front in BERXland.
  by NHV 669

I found a post on FB of it with 6 NS units on an EB move through Ayer back in November. The only other mention I've seen of it was being the lead unit on the 3/4 EDBF.