• CHFP/FPCH — Cedar Hill, New Haven to Fresh Pond, Queens

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by csx8851

Today at 7am I found CHFP being blocked by a tree blocking the tracks a mile or so away from FP. The crew was out with a chain saw trying to clear the tracks. Train is still parked so I believe they were outlawed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by D45 CRTe LE

Hi everyone- quick question: what time does FPCH usually pass Astoria? (also, what time does CHFP pass? I’m assuming it’d be around 3 am, but i could be wrong.)

Thanks for any help!
  by D45 CRTe LE

anyone know where the locos are stored within FP yard between when CHFP arrives and when FPCH leaves? Are they easily (and legally) viewable or not?
  by johnpbarlow

Here are some screen captures of CHFP with 59 cars of stone passing SoNo Tower live cam at 2227 Sunday night 7/11/21.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by D45 CRTe LE

johnpbarlow wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:07 am Here are some screen captures of CHFP with 59 cars of stone passing SoNo Tower live cam at 2227 Sunday night 7/11/21.
CSOR 3399 (that SD-40-2) has been a common occurrence on CHFP/FPCH recently
  by wintower

At 6:30p. noticed the train northbound over the L.I.R.R. Between approximately 6:30p. and 7:00p. the train, 5 engines and cars, stopped, shoved back and forth and then departed northbound.
  by wintower

At approximately 2:45a. this morning the train, 4 engines and cars, crossed over the main line of the L.I.R.R. southbound to Fremont. At 8:00p. this evening it returned northbound and stopped briefly. It made a reverse move, and stopped with the engines sitting directly above the L.I.R.R. main line and paused there for several minutes before resuming its journey to Oak Point.
  by wintower

Last night at 9:05p. the train northbound, with 4 engines, crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. and stopped midtrain. At 9:15p. it reversed and headed back towards Fremont.