• NYC Syracuse Division Data - 1961

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Thought I would share some of the general data in that booklet I described elsewhere. Follow this link for a general description of operations on the Syracuse Division and in the Syracuse Terminal, circa 1961.

http://www.tsny.com/otto/nyc_syrdiv_1961.html

-otto-

by jbeckley68

Thanks Otto , great stuff. May I ask where the details/info came from?

Dewitt fan.....

by Otto Vondrak

I came across this book in a hobby shop in Rochester. It contains pages of data about every single customer on the Syracuse Division. Neat stuff. At least 25 pages worth of data. Even details certain contracts entered into with other connecting railroads- for instance, operation of Genesee Junction, operation of the Rochester Subway freight service... It's good stuff! I think it's one of those reports prepared for the Penn Central merger study.

-otto-

by O-6-O

Otto, great document. Ever find anything on the Mohawk Div.?

STEAM ON
/== OOO==

by Otto Vondrak

I've looked for other books like this- it appears to have been copied and put into a flat binder- as if many copies were handed out, on say, an inspection trip. Interesting how some branches specifically are listed as not having passenger service, while others, you just assume they dont.

I've shown the book to a few people, none have recognized it or seen others like it... but I'll bet they are out there in someone's attic!

-otto-
  by jbeckley68

Otto, I wouldn't think Frontier would be listed, but is Selkirk yard info listed?

Selkirk was 1/4 of the size it ended up getting to in early 60"s (Pre-Perlman upgrade)