• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

That crossing has not worked in at least six months. I have called it in a few times but they never fix it…
  by Bracdude181

As per a friend, the rails in Farmingdale are very shiny which is an indication of a train passing through. Anyone hear or see the train go back?
  by dnazz06

didn’t hear a single thing, they were in lakewood earlier today though
  by trainfann101

Bracdude181 wrote:As per a friend, the rails in Farmingdale are very shiny which is an indication of a train passing through. Anyone hear or see the train go back?
No, train still in Lakewood
  by RailsEast

Early am sounds good right now...
  by JohnFromJersey

The train is approaching Farmingdale at 3:30 AM, just as I was about to hit the hay.

They are making the most amount of noise possible at this hour. Horn blasting, constant bell ringing, you name it. They don't even make this much noise in the daytime! I feel like a NIMBY saying this
  by Bracdude181

Wasn’t expecting SA38 to pick the train up. As I’ve mentioned the normal engineer for this train is very light on the horn outside of Lakewood. Unsure why they were so heavy on the horn. Farmingdale is desolate at that time of night…
  by trainfann101

Bracdude181 wrote:Wasn’t expecting SA38 to pick the train up. As I’ve mentioned the normal engineer for this train is very light on the horn outside of Lakewood. Unsure why they were so heavy on the horn. Farmingdale is desolate at that time of night…
SA-91, not SA-38
  by Bracdude181

Even stranger! SA91 is normally a Saturday crew!
  by dnazz06

usually 93 and 91 are the saturday crews, im surprised a PR crew didn’t take it back this time.
  by CR7876

Look for C&S crews at various locations this and next week on the Southern.......
  by nomis

C&S = Communications & Signals
  by Bracdude181

Is this due to the many, many, MANY complaints from people along the line about malfunctioning signals? Or is this for something else?
  by RustyRail5634

Conrail hasn't seen the need to do it before now which is evident, the previous complaints were likely not as common as you might've thought. Conrail is making it a bit "prettier" for now.