• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

I heard SA31 is on duty today.

6228 & 6210 through Helmetta, 15 minutes ago
  by Bracdude181

Guess they didn’t make it down to Freehold following the incident yesterday where a train hit a pedestrian on the Amboy Secondary.
  by Bracdude181

I think we can anticipate a train on the Southern either today or at some point over the weekend. May depend on crew available since yesterdays SA31 to Dayton was handled by a different crew than the two who usually run SA31.
  by Bracdude181

Permission to open up 3:32 PM
  by Bracdude181

I believe they are Lined and Locked normal 3:44 PM. Transmission was garbled.

I only was able to hear Dispatch call in, didn’t hear anything else

Lined and Locked Normal, 3:50pm
  by Bracdude181

Correction. Lined and Locked normal 3:50 PM
  by CharlieL

If, as was said above, SA-31 hit a pedestrian somewhere on the Amboy Secondary yesterday, would not the members of that crew be given 3 days off under NTSB rules, as well as mandatory drug / alcohol tests? that would explain crew shortage as well as different crew members on SA-31.

Can someone with more knowledge than I have lay out the general rules covering accidents?
  by Bracdude181

Clear of bank interlocking on the Southern Secondary 4:33 PM
  by RailsEast

Charlie, a report from the field indicated that this was not a major event. Supposedly a young woman was too close to the tracks and the train 'grazed' her with no serious injuries. There surely will be a report made, but I am not privy to the rules about a crew being taken out of service after an incident. This was minor so they may have been able to continue because the level of severity was low, but I was not at the scene.
Chris
  by Bracdude181

Passing Collingswood Auction 5:41 PM

CSX 6210 leading
  by Bracdude181

@RailsEast Did your field reporter witness the event? I’m just wondering since that’s not what I heard. I heard some kids were playing by the tracks and that one pushed the other in front of the train. I’m hoping that this is not the case. Fortunately I did hear that whoever was struck survived. I’m hoping he/she makes a full recovery!
  by Bracdude181

Quick note for anyone chasing beyond Farmingdale. The regular crew is out and their replacements have been cruising at track speed…

9 cars for Woodhaven and one tank for ?????
  by RustyRail5634

What actually happened Wednesday included a girl walking along the tracks, and getting dragged under the train after impact for about 3 car lengths. From what I understand, she was up and walking right after the incident.