• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by ricky

do you all think that nysw abandoned sagerfield to chenango forks? even those the company say back i believe 2007 they were against abandonment
  by alzubal

Hope you are alright have really missed your videos.
Thank you for all the videos in the past.
Al
  by milkman

Anybody know why they are tearing up the tracks in Sherburne at the railroad crossing? Hopefully it's just for maintenance or repair.
  by ricky

not 100% sure they might be putting new crossing there
  by ut-1

Here's UT-1 on October 1st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg3RAjbgSeU

The video opens with No. 3040 taking four hoppers southbound on Schuyler Street and follows with captures in Chadwicks, Sauquoit, Paris Station, Waterville and, a few hours later, back in the Utica area on former NYO&W Utica Division tracks in New Hartford.
  by milkman

"not 100% sure they might be putting new crossing there"

You're correct, I drove through Sherburne today and they have a brand new concrete railroad crossing.
That's got to be a positive sign.
  by ricky

now theirs new crossing in sherburne next thing will it be use will it ever see a train cross it i doubt it
  by ricky

i doubt it but if theirs any chance they running any trains or light engine to chenango forks from utica in the near future
  by ricky

theirs talk on facebook that nysw engine 3040 had broken down if so what are they using for temp engine?
  by DogBert

Pretty sure they just bought another GP40 off NS - was wondering if maybe this was sent to Utica?
  by johnpbarlow

ex-EL C425 runs on ex-EL track!
  by ut-1

Here are two additional videos showing MA&N No. 2453 back on home rails on the Utica branch: