• Wiring Lionel tubular uncoupling track for DC track power

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by rrbluesman

I recently bought on eBay a complete set, the Black Cave Flyer, which used variable DC from the transformer. I have never owned a DC set of Lionel previously. I set up a loop with the O27 tubular track it came with and then some from my collection. I added an uncoupling track and wired it the way described in the instructions. When I hit the button it seems to break the circuit to the track and the uncoupler magnet does not work. It doesn;t seem like it should be complicated, what am I doing wrong? Any advice or diagrams would be useful. I already googled the matter and am now more confused from what I found there. Thanks for any assistance!