• CIRCUS TRAIN Information-2017

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by LINYARailfan

Any update on when the light engine move for the last circus train move from Garden-Mitchell to Harold is going to occur? Is it going to happen between 11PM and 3AM on the night of 5/22-5/23? Or is it going to happen on 5/23 between 10AM and 3PM? Thanks
  by Datenail

Hey Datenail, where do you get your information as this turns out to be not the case at all as witnessed by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMWdriNc4H8#t=97.188662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL!
Nice job for attempting to throw cold water on what was a historic run on the LIRR in daytime no less.
Thank you LIRR management.
That was a most impressive run by (the first linked video) nice steady camera too! 60 cars! Wow.

regards,
vince
Thank you vince for another video as evidence of the engineer sounding the horn unnecessarily. Hes not allowed to unless it was an emergency and interviews of persons on board dispute any claim of an emergency. we are considering banning the engineer from operating that train on the return trip should he fall for it on the list. he is an employee long enough to understand that we have rules to follow and he is no exception.
  by Liquidcamphor

Datenail, I'm going to leave this post for now. But, please don't use this site for your witch hunts and attacks on employees. This is a railfan site, not the LIRR Trials Office.
  by vince

Datenail writes:Thank you vince for another video as evidence of the engineer
Baloney!
I'm NOT 'providing evidence' of 'sounding the horn unnecessarily' I'm providing evidence that you don't know what you are talking about!

I guess you failed to notice it was MULTIPLE TRAINS are indeed sounding the horn.
So they're all breaking the rules getting fined? ROFLMAO. I don't think so.

So it's NOT "the engineer sounding the horn unnecessarily: It's ALL engineers on several different trains that didn't stop at Forest Hills sounding a warning to folks on the platforms.
IOW, I see if if a train does NOT stop they sound horn to warn passengers on the platforms so it's hardly an 'emergency'.
Please stop posting "info" that has been demonstrated in multiple videos to be NOT TRUE!
If you'd watched the entire video you'd have seen that.

The only way you can remove the virtual foot from your mouth AND being considered a fool is to post the 'rule' that backs you up. Do that and I will issue a public apology.
Be careful. Cameras are everywhere today and if you don't have video 'evidence' it's bullshit. :wink:
regards
vince
The Long Island Rail Road route for Open Rails Train Simulator is available freeware at TrainSim.com File Library. FREE!
Pictures Here: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/album.php?albumid=248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The modeled route contains all track in Manhatten, Brooklyn & Queens east to Mineola, Salisbury Plains, Rockville Centre, The Long Beach Branch, The Rockaway Beach Branch and The Bay Ridge branch all modeled as it was in 1955.
vin
  by Datenail

A train travelling on a track that is not next to a platform does not have to blow the horn to warn people on the platform. there was a superintendents notice restricting horn sounding in that area unless there is an emergency. your video and another on here have a clear audio of the horn of the engine being sounded. Listen to it yourself. thankyou for the video and audio evidence. the mu trains do not have a bell to warn pedestrians but the diesel does. he could have rang his bell to warn the train buffs on the platform. Liquid, vince is using curse words on here!
  by Morisot

It's THE END OF AN ERA!!! Blow the darn whistle. The parade is passing by! (Get earplugs or close your windows for the 3 darn minutes that are so bothersome!)
  by Liquidcamphor

Why don''t we stop this back and forth? If I lock the thread, then information cannot be posted about the return trip to LIC. I agree, blow the damn horn and enjoy the day. It's going to be the last time on Long Island, that employees will work a train like that and railfans will be able to photograph and chase it.
  by MARKON

Any updates on departure timings?
  by LINYARailfan

MARKON wrote:Any updates on departure timings?
Leaves tomorrow night from what I hear. Haven't seen any MP15s on the Garden City Secondary as of right now.
  by robertwa

OBRR Museum posted the schedule on facebook.
  by LINYARailfan

Still no engines in Garden City as of 9:54pm. The CE crew should be bringing the engines out to Garden City really late tonight or tomorrow between 10am-2pm.
  by Publius Plunkett

The last Circus Train? Personally, I don't give a sh*t. When they fired almost all of the midgets, I didn't care anymore.
  by nyandw

Publius Plunkett wrote:The last Circus Train? Personally, I don't give a sh*t. When they fired almost all of the midgets, I didn't care anymore.
Thank you for your, as usual, insightful information to add to the forum.... :-(
  by krispy

6 engines went down the secondary this morning.