• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by expbusop

12:45pm today southbound freight mostly trash cars getting on link at Highbridge. Saw engines further down near 149th looked like two GP 38's not sure couldn't see numbers.
  by rscott417

Caught them heading into oak point this morning at 7:30, sorry for the quality it was hard to take a picture while in traffic.
  by gregorygrice

Croton West was rehabbed last week. Equipment is returning back north.
  by Backshophoss

Lets hope that gang does all the yard trackage close to the NEC! :wink:
  by AMK0123

Greg, did they rehab entire Croton West yard. Last time I drove by there it looked like a ghost town... I thought CSX was only going to use it for a outlawed southbound or to run around the cars after B749 drops off at Burnwell in Peekskill. Also, are they still occasionally running up to Chelsea to the lumber yard?
  by AlKaLI

Finally caught something after nothing for months. CSX northbound over the LIRR main at 7:00 AM. Head end was already north of Queens Blvd so I did not see the power. Loaded C&D gons, CSXT box, a few tank cars and then green trash containers on flats making up the rear.
  by ccutler

I saw the transfer run to NYAR leaving very late today...close to noon. Four SD40s and one SD60 hauling a very long train. Oak Point Yard was full of outgoing loads as well. There seems to be less power available in the yard.
  by ccutler

Also,saw four refrigerator cars at the potato place in Fleetwood. Happy to see there is still a customer up here.
  by gregorygrice

ccutler wrote:I saw the transfer run to NYAR leaving very late today...close to noon. Four SD40s and one SD60 hauling a very long train. Oak Point Yard was full of outgoing loads as well. There seems to be less power available in the yard.
Noon is normal time. There are two trips a day. One early AM to grab cars from NYAR, one late morning/noonish to bring cars to NYAR.
  by DogBert

How long ago did the 2 trips per day begin?

1.5 years back they were only making one round trip early AM, with an extra (usually late morning) once a week to bring in extra empty MSW's.
  by gregorygrice

This is due to one of the Fresh Pond Bridge tracks being out for refurbishment. Once that track is done, the same will go for the other. So expect this practice to happen for a while.
  by Train2009

Y102-03 was seen over the LIRR's Main line yesterday afternoon at 3 PM with # 8767 SD60M and 3 other locos.
  by Train2009

Last Friday morning 1/06 the Y101 crew took Q431 from Croton to Oak Point with #8832 and #8849 with 91 cars after the AM Rush hour. It went by Tarrytown at 10:34 AM, I catched it up in Glenwood at 10:57 AM and in Riverdale at 11:04 AM.
  by expbusop

Spotted transfer to Oak Point on Hell Gate around 9:45am. Seen from Willis Av Bridge, it had empty welded rail cars on rear.