Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by railfan365

Now that the WTC site is redeveloped, or at least the main part of it, what's going to be done about fully restoring the Cortlandt Street stop on the Seventh Avenue line? I haven't heard much about it lately.
  by Kamen Rider

pegged to re-open in 2018
  by railfan365

Kamen Rider wrote:pegged to re-open in 2018
Thanks, Kamen. I'm glad that it will re-open eventually. But I do wonder why it will take 3 years when the shell is already in place.
  by Kamen Rider

they had to hold off while the Transit Hub was built around it.
  by Head-end View

I recently walked the new concourse connecting the new PATH Terminal to the Fulton Transit Center. It's a good alternate route for foul weather to be able to get to PATH from B'way and Fulton St. What surprised me is there is no signage at all in the Fulton Center to direct you to that access to PATH. You have to know to follow the signs to the "R" train to get to that concourse.

I'm guessing the new concourse was primarily designed for passengers transferring between the NYC Subways and PATH, not as an alternate route for PATH passengers entering the system from street level. I don't know if there is PATH signage inside the fare-gate area for subway passengers to follow, but there sure aren't any PATH signs on the street level of the Fulton Center or on the mezzanine outside the subway turnstiles.
  by rpjs

I use the Dey street connector to get from the 4/5 to my office at 4WTC. The signage to the PATH appeared about two weeks after the connector opened. Sadly, no-one thought to leave space for the return of the W train, so this morning I saw that all the signs have been replaced with new ones.
  by Head-end View

Yes, I recently was there again and noted the PATH signage. Don't know if I missed it the previous time or if it was added later. Does the new signage re: the "W" train also include PATH?
  by rpjs

Yes, it now has "(R) (W)" on the left and "PATH/WTC" on the right. Before it was "(R)" on the left "PATH" towards the middle (but with insufficient space for a "(W)") and "WTC Transportation Hub" on the right. Those two latter items were added a couple of weeks after the entrance from the connector to the hub was opened.