• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by rr503

I'm guessing it's autocorrect...
  by Train2009

RS51 went by Queens Village this morning at 10:17 AM with GP38-2 #261 leading and MP15AC #156 trailing westbound with a mix of cars.
  by gregorygrice

That was not the RS51.
  by murfunit

A little late posting, but I caught NYA 300-301 going through Mineola with some gondolas on my iPhone on July 15, 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQe5Jv8ahA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Train2009

On Saturday 8/20 RS40's power were #300 and #301 with Lumber cars for Kleet, a box car and a tanker, it went by eastbound in Queens Village at 10:28 AM.
  by murfunit

NYA 300-301 giving their money's worth everyday. Great engines. Hopefully Railroad freight continues to expand on Long Island. Here is the freight going through Mineola on August 30, 2016.

https://youtu.be/X8PQdHEvJuE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by murfunit

Need to get better glasses: that's 271 and 300.
  by freightguy

It was called the "Navy Lead" from I guess Pontoon boats being built there and launched around WWII. When NYAR reopened it around 2000 it had a lumber guy( Weiner Crowley) and a rice customer. It was a problem back then also with cars and trucks being on the lead. Might of been easier for NYA just to transload those customers somewhere else if they're still even in business?
  by DogBert

There are two sidings back there (not sure if the same customer) that get at least a car or two per week. They are usually switched at night when there are no cars parked on the tracks.

I happened across them switching here one night. Since the boxcar was behind the power, they left it on the main, blocked the crossing with the power, and rolled it into the yard where the power hitched up behind it and pushed it down the lead.
  by Ðauntless

2 customers back there, I have seen them switch it during the day many times, after they shoo all the cars away..

by Train2009

This morning at around 11:45 AM RS41 was seen headed westbound from Kleet to Fresh Pond with #300 leading and #271 trailing in push - pull.
  by Train2009

At 11:32 AM RS41 went by westbound past Carle Place this morning with #300 leading and #271 trailing with empty lumber cars from Kleet.
  by Backshophoss

Figure on some mangement "houecleaning" in the future,and more LIRR oversight of NY&A.
NY&A uses the GCOR rule book instead of NORAC rule book,LIRR uses a PRR based(CT-400) rule book,
that been updated only barely.
The FRA's idea of a NYOPA should be created,might be a moot point,Amtrak and NJT are under NORAC rules,
MN and CSX use their own rule books,but follows NORAC rules in some sections.
Wonder if the City did any of the follow up recomendations?