• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Train2009

The power for RS40/RS41 run this morning was GP38 #261 and #270, the train made 2 stops, Belmont Park to dropped off a BNSF Box car and Coastal. RS40 left Belmont Park before 10 AM and headed out east, RS41 went back to Fresh Pound past Queens Village this afternoon at 12:15 PM.
  by Train2009

The power for RS40/RS41 today were MP15AC #155 and GP38-2 #268, the eastbound trip this morning had 4 box cars, the westbound trip back to Fresh Pound there were 3 cars from Coastal, a lots of cars from ready mix, 3 cars from Kleet and a box car from Deer Park.
  by Crabman1130

151 and 261 with 20 hoppers eastbound on the central in Farmingdale at 12:09 today.
  by Train2009

The power for RS40/RS41 yesterday were GP38-2 #271 and #261, I saw the train in both directions in Queens Village. When RS40 went by eastbound at 9:46 AM in the morning it had 3 lumber cars for Kleet, when it was seen again on RS41 at 1:46 PM in the afternoon it had 2 green box cars, one red box and a yellow rail box car. It stopped at Queens Village because it had to made one more stop which it was Belmont Park to picked up a BNSF box car. The train went westbound back to Fresh Pound past the station at 2:14 PM/2:15 PM.
  by Bad Luck

The RS30 passed me over the weekend with 40 Prima cars and the GP10. Maybe I was just seeing things...
  by ccutler

I like the minute operational details, no "yawn" from me. They also help me track where cars I see in Oak Point are likely going.
  by Uncle Cheapo

Hi kids! Same ole boring train will be going to Kleet tomorrow morning, going by Queens Village at the same time, hauling the same 4 cars, and returning past Queens Village at the same time. I'm excited ;)
  by DogBert

Came across NY&A dropping trash empties in bushwick saturday morning. Seemed like a good 20 or so cars lead by the 2 leased GP-38-2s
  by Train2009

The other morning Saturday 1/2 the RS40/RS41 train had MP15AC #151 and GP38 #261 running in push -pull mode, I caught the train in Jamaica at 9:07 AM, Queens Village heading east at 9:25 AM/9:26 AM and at 11:24 AM/11:25 AM headed westbound. The stops were Kleet, a green box car (for a unknown customer) and Belmont Park, it left Belmont park before Noon to head back to Fresh Pound.
  by Uncle Cheapo

Hi kids, look for the same train tomorrow, going to the same place, going by and returning at the same times, past Queens Village!
Will we see variety this time.... I think notπŸ˜ƒ!
  by DogBert

Uncle Cheapo wrote:Hi kids, look for the same train tomorrow, going to the same place, going by and returning at the same times, past Queens Village!
Will it include the same post by you? :-D
  by Train2009

At 11:40 AM this morning RS41 went by passed New Hyde Park station westbound with GP38-2 #261 leading on the west end and #270 trailing on the east end with, a green box, Lumber cars from Kleet and 2 Norfolk Southern open white covered hopper cars.
  by rb

A recent video shows an NS covered hopper going out by float. Where are those going on LI?
  by Uncle Cheapo

DogBert wrote:
Uncle Cheapo wrote:Hi kids, look for the same train tomorrow, going to the same place, going by and returning at the same times, past Queens Village!
Will it include the same post by you? :-D
Some people just post the same boring stuff! It's boring...