Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Head-end View

Earlier this week at mid-day I rode a "C" train of R-32's in Manhattan......at the front window of course!
  by Nicholas Chen

I find that they're usually on the C during rush hours, but that may have changed. Haven't been on one in a while.
  by 4400Washboard

There was one A R32 set operating during rush hours earlier this year. Not sure if it still active.

Wait for a C R32. You'll definitely get an R32, maybe not initially but if you wait long enough you will.
  by Nicholas Chen

R160s also run on the C. I'm not sure if they still run R46s on the C or if that was only the A.
  by Allan

Nicholas Chen wrote:R160s also run on the C. I'm not sure if they still run R46s on the C or if that was only the A.
The R46s are only the the A. The C is just R32's and R160's (Two 4 car sets)
  by GirlOnTheTrain

Stop making new threads for this. I merged them.

Also, a lot of the 32s are remaining assigned to the J - I personally see more 160s on the C than I do 32s, but that's the weekend.

Again, my suggestion is - go ride them on the J - there's more to see out the head end when it's above ground. Plus you might get an R42 - you could kill two birds with one stone.
  by Hamilton Express

naugatroll wrote:Stop making new threads for this. I merged them.

Also, a lot of the 32s are remaining assigned to the J - I personally see more 160s on the C than I do 32s, but that's the weekend.

Again, my suggestion is - go ride them on the J - there's more to see out the head end when it's above ground. Plus you might get an R42 - you could kill two birds with one stone.
I caught an R42 (J) a few weeks back. And don't worry if you're going for riding it on weekends. They operate during those times too.
  by Head-end View

I tried unsuccessfully to catch an R-32 on the "C" today, a weekday at 2:30pm with no luck. An R-32 train was just leaving as I hit the platform at the new Fulton Transit Center and the next two were R-160's, after which I gave up waiting. Not my day.......

I gotta say this game of trying to catch "corner-cab" trains is wearing thin. Can't hardly find them on the #7 anymore, and now becoming scarce on the "C" as well. Looks like this will be over pretty soon, regrettably.