• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by northjerseybuff

Any additional work planned for the summer on this end? can we confirm something is up? or is this just general work scheduled for the line?
  by mainetrain

May 8th, 3pm. Strates train through Tuxedo heading towards Southfields NY

by northjerseybuff

any news for our line? any trains in the works?
  by waldwickrailfan

northjerseybuff wrote:any news for our line? any trains in the works?
Not sure if this means anything, but apparently the signals at CP Narrows, CP Nobody, and an Automatic at Cochecton were working and being used by the SU99 this evening. I dont think NS put those in if there will only be 1 train 6 days a week :wink:
  by SecaucusJunction

When were they not working?
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote:When were they not working?
I thought they didnt? If they did, then my mistake
  by SecaucusJunction

Those signals were upgraded for 6 trains per week a few years back. Seems like a good use of funds...
  by waldwickrailfan

SecaucusJunction wrote:Those signals were upgraded for 6 trains per week a few years back. Seems like a good use of funds...
Also to note, the SU99 last night was given clear, approach, and stop signals along the way. Again, not sure if it means anything, just passing along info
  by SecaucusJunction

Probably the first time there has been a stop signal on the Tier in a long time...
  by oibu

I guess because NS filed back circa 2004 to shut down the signals after CNYK took over, a rumor still persists that they don't or didn't work. Sorry folks, STB smacked that idea down flat and the signals have always worked.
  by rr503

I drove through Port Jervis, and I thought I saw 2 new signals waiting to be cut in.
Possible, or railfan hallucination? :-D
  by chuxter26

This is part of Metro North's signal upgrade.....
  by charlie6017

I believe it's just the NYSW SU-100's and SU-99's that run from Bingo to Campbell Hall and then southward on
the old L&HR.