• Some of my trains

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by The tram man

While i am a huge fan of North American railroading, and my now stored N-scale collection is mostly US vehicles, i will post something else in this thread. My European H0 and 00 scale trains, the ones i actually run nowadays. I do not have a layout though, so my shots will mostly have a black backdrop.

Anyway, let's get this show on the road. First out are my two Swedish State Railways(SJ) passenger cars, one conference car (top) and one combined first and second class coach, in 1980's colours. The conference car is of 1980's design and the coach is of 1960's design.
I do not yet have a matching locomotive to pull them.

Next up however is a newcomer to the Swedish market after the railroads were corporatised. They didn't last long though, from 2000 to 2003.
In these photos the locomotive, type Rc6, and the last two coaches are rented from SJ and painted in their 1990's design, but with the SJ logos replaced. The dome coach and the two sleepers were cars bought outright from Germany and Switzerland, five cars each.
A quick note: the Rc6 is a direct cousin, if you will, of the AEM7 and ALP44, both of which are based on the Swedish Rc4 locomotive. :wink:

I will also post photos of my 00-scale ex. London Underground 1938-stock cars, and if you'd like, i can post a photo of my 11 car strong H0-scale Stockholm subway fleet. They are however WIP's, so they still look like the toys they started out as.

I do have five freight cars too, but nothing exciting. Just four open flatcars and one boxcar. If someone wants to see a photo though, i will gladly post it.