• Pennsylvania Railfan Roll Call

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by PhilliesPhan2013

My name is William Clark and I'm a teenage railfan. I was born in Delaware County, which is just outside of Philadelphia and close to both the NJ and DE borders. I still live here and do all of my railfanning here. I railfan the CSX Philly Sub, NEC, R3 Media/Elwyn line, and when I can, I try to railfan the NS Chester Secondary. I love the Philly Sub the most because I love catching CSX Q174 (Intermodal), CSX Q439 (Manifest), the trash train, the grain train, and occasionally CSX Q740/Q741 (Tropicana Juice Tain). I'm on a hunt to catch CSX Q216/Q217 (Autoracks), but I think they leave early in the morning. College is coming up for me and I might go to University of Delaware next fall because the Philly sub runs right through campus.
  by Pa.Railfan

I'm a Railfan of Shortlines in Pa. Wellsboro and Towanda are my Railfanning trips. Nice to see so many other Railfanners out there.

Pa. Railfan
Get out and enjoy!
  by Michael J

Hello.

I am from Nicholson PA, living (literally) in the shadow of the famed Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct. For a long time I have been a railfan, and recently have become interested in model railroading. I enjoy most everything trains, from trolleys to long-distance freights.
  by PappyWagner

I'm "Pappy" Wagner. I'm from Susquehanna County (Between the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct and Binghamton NY). I used to listen to D&H and Conrail at the Binghamton switch yards on my Grandfathers scanner. I have interest in the Rail Road systems that ran in this area (Erie, EL, D&H, NYS&W). I also have interest in the old narrow gauge logging/tanning operations in Bradford County like at Laquin. I'm also interested in the Lehigh stuff in Towanda/Sayre etc.
  by Lackawanna565

Most of my railfanning is done in PA since I live here. Of course. My favorite lines to railfan are the Keystone Corridor, Pocono Main, Sunbury Sub and the Buffalo Line.
  by Missyg24

Howdy Yinz/Yall

Missy originally from Elmira NY on the NS Southern Tier Main Line. Railroads that once connected to Elmira: PRR, ERIE, LEHIGH VALLEY, DLW. At 1 time DLW had a large yard. Today ERIE>>>ERIE LACKAWANNA line is all thats left. PRR's Elmira Branch is still visible from Watkins Glen, NY to Williamsport, PA.
I lived just west of Williamsport for almost 3 years. near the old NYC line that ran to Newberry Jtn (now Lycoming Valley Railroad) & across the river from the PRR line (NS Buffalo Line). Now I live north of Cresson in Carrolltown (highest elevation for the NYC at one time, old ROW is seen from my house lol).

Love Altoona area since I was a kid & now that I live nearby its great. I do miss Foreign power engines on the locals/trains up home & LVRR.
Im 5mins from a RJ Corman crossing, Sadly they arent as busy as they were last year this time, due to closing of 2 mines or loading places (Cherry Tree/Stifflertown & Clymer).
  by Matt Langworthy

I'm also a Southern Tier (NY) native and currently live in Irondequoit. I enjoy crossing the border to catch NS, WCOR/TIOC and the Lehigh Railway. When I chase NS in PA, it's usually at Sayre... but I made the pilgrimage to Altoona this past spring.

In years past, I rode the Strasburg RR (1974) and Steamtown (1996). I'm also old enough to remember LV and PC operations in northern PA, too.
  by CN9634

I recently converted.... just moved to South Central PA from Maine to work for a prominent intermodal company. I regular the NS Lurgan Sub, lines out of Hagerstown and stuff around Harrisburg. I work one week a month in Kearny, NJ so I visit places along the way in Allentown area, Hershey and north Jersey
  by Gone2long

Hello folks, born and raised 52 years in NE Philly, live on the Trenton Sub most notable feature is the 90FT Bridge. just getting into videography with 2 GoPro Hero4's still green on rail fanning but working on it currently scanning with a BC125AT with a Diamond RH 77CA aftermarket antenna been loitering at the Langhorne Station for video capture - so far so good.
  by FLRailFan1

Grew up in Connecticut, but relatives lived in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.
  by mcgrath618

Hello all, I was born and raised in Havertown, near the PRR Newtown Square branch. I am slightly into photography but moreso into urbex and trains
  by SemperFidelis

Scranton area railfan back on the grid after too long an absence. Love trolleys and trains.