• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Uncle Cheapo

HLCX 1010 will be going over the Hells Gate tomorrow morning.
  by gregorygrice

Uncle Cheapo wrote:HLCX 1010 will be going over the Hells Gate tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the heads up. Finally something interesting to catch over here :-D
  by DogBert

What greg said... :)

It went over hell gate a little after 8. Crappy weather, but I took a bunch of photos (that I'll probably never get around to posting of course) anyway.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:What greg said... :)

It went over hell gate a little after 8. Crappy weather, but I took a bunch of photos (that I'll probably never get around to posting of course) anyway.
You'll have video from me tonight :-D . If it doesn't come by too late I may conduct a chase to Beacon.
  by gregorygrice

Wasn't on tonight's 704. Probably tomorrow just like last time.
  by csx8851

While you guys are talking about this HCLX unit, I caught FPCH the other night with a widecab leading, I believe 4005? Trailing was the GATX SD60, CEFX SD40-2, and GATX SD60. 6 LI Hoppers and around 70+ cars. I'm glad I caught the widecab at least once before my railfanning season ended.
  by gregorygrice

csx8851 wrote:While you guys are talking about this HCLX unit, I caught FPCH the other night with a widecab leading, I believe 4005? Trailing was the GATX SD60, CEFX SD40-2, and GATX SD60. 6 LI Hoppers and around 70+ cars. I'm glad I caught the widecab at least once before my railfanning season ended.
That widecab has been floating around FPCH/CHFP lately and MNR hasn't been too happy about it :wink:
  by DogBert

If I recall right the last time they used a widecab on the rock train (2 years ago?) it came in contact with MN's overhead wire. I'm a little surprised they'd send one down here again.

I saw that train leaving last night but just assumed it was the usual B-39 leading the usual sd/60 & 40 set.

Just to round this out, CSX left fremont a little later the last 2 days, probably due to the crappy weather we've had. I wonder how much wheel slip they get with the leaves falling.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:If I recall right the last time they used a widecab on the rock train (2 years ago?) it came in contact with MN's overhead wire. I'm a little surprised they'd send one down here again.

I saw that train leaving last night but just assumed it was the usual B-39 leading the usual sd/60 & 40 set.

Just to round this out, CSX left fremont a little later the last 2 days, probably due to the crappy weather we've had. I wonder how much wheel slip they get with the leaves falling.

The wide cab has been on stone train since last week. A friend of mine caught it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qroh65E ... -_cp1ejniw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you said they haven't used it in 2 years because MNR banned them from the New Haven Line after multiple run ins with sagging wires. The SD40s are supposed to be banned too but P&W seems to be the only railroad to get away with disobeying MNR's bans :-)

Also since I'm posting: B749 cleared south Hudson CP35 headed to Oak Point at 1422hrs
+GP38-2
+GP38-2
-CSXT Caboose
-Reefer
-Propane Tanker
-Propane Tanker
-Covered Hopper

Probably around Yonkers now. Only thing left at Croton West at the moment is a string of extra empty waste management cars (covering almost the whole yard track). Was there there last week.
  by gregorygrice

Tonights Q704 had the HLCX 1010 third out.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/6-3O20zAIKo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Train2009

At 12:21 PM the other afternoon Friday October 24, 2014 a very late CSX Q701 was seen rolling by Philipse Manor bound to Oak Point in The Bronx. The power was SD60 and a SD40.
  by gregorygrice

CHFP went south/west from Cedar Hill a little late last night. SD60, SD40, SD60 consist.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/Y0lAr_PvHlE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Train2009

Train2009 wrote:At 12:21 PM the other afternoon Friday October 24, 2014 a very late CSX Q701 was seen rolling by Philipse Manor bound to Oak Point in The Bronx. The power was SD60 and a SD40.
My mistake it was Q431, I forget Q701 is a trash train.
  by DogBert

Today's oddball: Loaded LIRR rail train being hauled to fremont - just went over the bridge, 11:40AM)
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Today's oddball: Loaded LIRR rail train being hauled to fremont - just went over the bridge, 11:40AM)
Outlawed at Croton West 2 days ago, then 3rd engine (Genset) suffered problems and had to be set out (still at Croton but stillon for some reason). Q701 took it this morning down to Oak Point unfortunately I fell asleep and missed it.

In other news, B749 somehow outlawed here again so 2807, 2804 caboose, yesterdays Burnwell load + today's Burnwell load are in the yard.