• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by cr1991

Y101 is on the way to FP with 60 cars, no green trash.
  by gregorygrice

FPCH ran north/east last night. Of somehow they managed to have a widecab leading. Both SD40-2 leasers behind it and SD60 as DPU.
  by csx8851

Can someone let me know when CSX y101 comes down on Monday. I'm planning to catch the return.
  by cr1991

csx8851 wrote:Can someone let me know when CSX y101 comes down on Monday. I'm planning to catch the return.

They depart for Oak Point anytime after 6 a.m.
  by ccutler

I rode my bike to Oak Point Yard today and snapped a photo of the yard. A few weeks ago it was packed, and now nearly empty. Several tracks were full of outbound cars, notably including a very long string of fudge-black containers for the new recycling customer at Oak Point Yard. There was very little inventory of cars for local industries, either efficiency is way up at Oak Point Yard or CSX is suffering congestion in getting cars in.
  by DogBert

Did they reopen Croton? That might account for some.

I don't think much sits at OP for more than a few hours waiting to go to its destination.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Did they reopen Croton? That might account for some.

I don't think much sits at OP for more than a few hours waiting to go to its destination.

Croton has been open, but the local crew base remains at Oak Point. I've just been seeing [Oak Point] yard surplus being placed in the yard. As of right now there's 2 tracks of empty WM cars and 1 1/2 track full of box cars. I'll see what Q701 does tonight.
  by DogBert

CSX's fremont -> oak point train just went over the bridge, and might have had that HLCX engine behind the the usual 2 SDs. It was too dark/rainy to get a good look.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:CSX's fremont -> oak point train just went over the bridge, and might have had that HLCX engine behind the the usual 2 SDs. It was too dark/rainy to get a good look.
Thanks for the Heads Up. I'll be on close watch tonight and over the weekend.
  by DogBert

Can't guarantee it was on the move. Usually I get a better look...
  by Uncle Cheapo

It's nowhere near ready to be moved yet. CSX has not cleared it.
  by gregorygrice

Uncle Cheapo wrote:It's nowhere near ready to be moved yet. CSX has not cleared it.
Oh ok. So I'm guessing it's still at FP then.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Can't guarantee it was on the move. Usually I get a better look...
Not a problem. All I have to do is wait till it passes my window :-D For northbound's IF anything interesting is on it I usually beat it to Cortlandt or Peekskill. They don't move too fast.
  by DogBert

Well that clears that mystery, thanks :)