• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

P&W left around 6:30, sd60/40-2/60 combo up front.

Last friday they left really late - like 9:30pm, if I recall right...
  by csx8851

So I suspect this SD40-2 will be arriving and departiing FP on CHFP/FPCH more often now?
  by gregorygrice

B749 ran south from Croton West Yard this morning with 81 cars that were left by outlawed Q701. It returned with a caboose. Anyone know where it came from?
  by Uncle Cheapo

The sd40s will be regulars from now on. There will be a lot less b39/b40 units comming down.
  by DogBert

Caboose? There's two at oak point, but one was sold to a guy that owns property next to the yard. The in-service caboose is used for back up moves to hunts point market. Hope it's just going for some work or gets replaced. It was still in CR blue.
  by DogBert

Also, no GEs = probably the first time a P&W train ran down here without a P&W painted locomotive.

I'd imagine they save a lot of money on fuel running 3 or 4 SDs compared to 4-7 GEs.
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Caboose? There's two at oak point, but one was sold to a guy that owns property next to the yard. The in-service caboose is used for back up moves to hunts point market. Hope it's just going for some work or gets replaced. It was still in CR blue.
I was baffled myself because I only knew of 2 in-service cabooses in that area, The Conrail painted one as you meantion and the NYA. The one that went up is painted in CSX dark future and is #ed "CSXT 900436". Its currently sitting on the fuel pad at Croton West.
  by expbusop

Noticed today coming over the Willis Av Bridge no trash cars whatsoever at Waste Management. Anyone have an idea of whats going on?
  by gregorygrice

expbusop wrote:Noticed today coming over the Willis Av Bridge no trash cars whatsoever at Waste Management. Anyone have an idea of whats going on?
Q704(11) only had about 30 cars today and was about an hour early into Croton West Yard which I found unusual as well.
  by expbusop

5;55am on Oak Point link going under Madison Av Bridge(138th St) lite engine move southbound an SD-60 leading an SD-40-2 (could not get numbers). Would they have left train at Croton or were they coming from Selkirk after maintenance ?
  by gregorygrice

expbusop wrote:5;55am on Oak Point link going under Madison Av Bridge(138th St) lite engine move southbound an SD-60 leading an SD-40-2 (could not get numbers). Would they have left train at Croton or were they coming from Selkirk after maintenance ?
Most likely left the train at Croton, Delivered M8s, or had no loads after serving Croton West Yard.
  by csx8851

Caught CSX leaving FP today at roughly 10:30am today. An SD60M 8764 paired with an SD40-2 8836. Train consisted of ONLY C&D and MSW WM cars.
  by AlKaLI

CSX going north over the LIRR main this morning at 7:00 AM. Saw MT centerbeam flats and the large GATX covered hoppers. The power was already crossing Queens Blvd and tough to see through the foliage now, but looked to be 2 EMDs, SD40-2? trailing.
  by gregorygrice

Did anyone happen to catch CHFP's power last nught?
  by DogBert

2 SD60s. They left today, over hell gate at 6:15pm.