• Batten Kill Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

Great news.........and Thank you Chris for posting that link to these excellent shots!

Charlie
  by B&M 1227

605 has been used as a pinch hitter a couple times this year when 4116 was down for the count. 4116 is the usual power. I've heard different stories about 605's problems, from bad truck springs to a messed up compressor that's leaking oil. The latter came from a more reliable source, but I wouldn't discount a problem with the trucks. I heard a rumor that the BKRR may swap 605's trucks with the ex B&M RS3 at Colonie, but with the recent developments with the Colonie equipment, I'll believe it when I see it.
  by B&M 1227

I stopped by Eagle Bridge again today. I imagine they wont be running for a couple days as they're doing some fairly significant tie replacement on both tracks. There's also pieces of one switch off to the side, but I haven't seen any evidence of the second switch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by B&M 1227

For the last few weeks Pan Am has been delivering spine cars for storage on the Batten Kill, making for abnormally long 25+ car trains. According to other lists there will be 200 total stored, likely towards Salem and Thompson.

I'm also throwing in a couple iphone shots from this winter.

by charlie6017

Fabulous shots Alex! Thanks for sharing!

Charlie
  by tahawus84

Thanks for the great shots!!! This is a great railroad glad to see its still hanging on!
  by Marty Feldner

Nice. Always good to see an ex-L&HR RS-3 (#10) earning its keep- at 63 years old...
  by Otto Vondrak

B&M 1227 wrote:I'm also throwing in a couple iphone shots from this winter.
Your iphone shots are pretty stellar! Thanks for sharing!

-otto-
  by Benjamin Maggi

What is the reason for all of the COVX spine cars? Were they storing them for someone else?
  by thebigham

^Storing them and making $$$.
  by B&M 1227

COVX cars may be leaving soon. Pan Am set off MEC 601 for the Batten Kill yesterday, who took it north with 3 loads for Cargill. There's muttering of it being used to remove some of the spines seeing as they've borrowed an engine before for "intermodal service."
  by BM6569

What's the deal with PAR 601 on the property?
  by Aji-tater

BM6569 wrote:What's the deal with PAR 601 on the property?
You're joking, right?