• Stack train in Susquehanna yard in Ridgefield

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Snowmojoe

Yesterday I was on Rt 46 west, around 6:15pm, and I happened to look over as I passed over the railyard and saw a stack train down in the Susquehanna yard. In this attached pic I stole from ScottyChaos' website, the track with the red line & arrows is where the stack train was sitting. Whose tracks are those? I was curious if that stack train was going to pass my house later (I'm sure it's gone now wherever it was going).

I realize it wasn't a NYS&W train; just curious whose it was though.
  by RichM

That's not NYS&W, those two tracks are the NYC/PC/CR/CSX River Sub. There are crossovers south and north of 46 to allow detour access. Others will have better specific details.
  by Steve F45

there are no crossovers from csx to nysw north of 46. Only crossover from NYSW to CSX is at Bergen Turnpike for csx intermodal trains to get to little ferry yard.