• Center Moriches - new web page

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Dump The Air

that emery map is pretty interesting. used to be quite a good amount of trackage at MO. only real remnants around the station now is the old siding for champman lumber
  by Doc Emmet Brown

I was suprised when they closed it as a station. Guess there was not much ridership there even though it had a good sized downtown. They were going to close Bellport too, but the town Paid for the new high platform.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Doc Emmet Brown wrote:I was suprised when they closed it as a station. Guess there was not much ridership there even though it had a good sized downtown.
Several diesel stations were closed because of the costs of high platforms for C-3s in March 1998. The entire Montauk Branch west of Jamaica was axed.
  by Doc Emmet Brown

Yeah I know I worked there as a Conductor. I was suprised Center Moriches was one of them.
  by Teutobergerwald

That lumber customer still served by NYA, or if not, is the spur still intact, "just in case?"
  by Dump The Air

Teutobergerwald wrote:That lumber customer still served by NYA, or if not, is the spur still intact, "just in case?"

spur is very much out of service and has been for decades, but is intact for the most part.