• CSX River Line Status Updates

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by fl9m2004

Going to Iona Island in October
Hopefully I'll get to see at least one union pacific engine
Plus some CSX unit's
Went there last year and it was all CSX power on the 4 trains I saw 2 westbound and 2 eastbound's
  by fl9m2004

Any updates with work or is regular service resumed
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Hi gang. I haven't been on River line since 2000. I used to drive delivery for a living then and I was near that line at least twice a month or more. Always managed to spot something although only caught a few on video. I want to get up there again and "modernize" my videos. Anybody have a schedule of trains form 7am to dusk? Where are the best spots to go? I want to do Ridgefield Park, near Congers, Bear Mountain area. How are weekends? Thanks.
  by fl9m2004

I wouldn't recommend sundays less rail traffic I would recommend bear mountain state park
  by fl9m2004

Weekdays are really good for traffic bear mountain state park is really nice especially in fall weather.
And u can see Iona island from it. Plus westbound or south bounds can be seen for miles.
East or north bounds can be seen for about 2-3 miles after hearing the horn
  by mainetrain

Weekdays sun up till about 11am Bear Mtn south to CP5 is typically busy. The afternoon rush usually picks up after 3pm. The sun is in the southern sky to plan your shots accordingly. Morning southbounds will yield best results. Afternoon shots try CP22 as there is a nice open area at the office park
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Thanks. May try to get up there next spring. I have sure missed a lot as far as transition in motive power and paint schemes goes. I remember when the 3 digit units were the hot item. Got two at Bogota in one 15 minute sitting on a lunch break. In fact that day there were 4 trains bunched up at MP7. My God, that was 13 years ago this past Thursday.Time flies.
  by DanD3815

SRS rail inspection car has been at Newburgh for about a week now, probably inspecting new track laid down on the industrial spur.
  by fl9m2004

Are trains running as well as the sperry car
  by charlie6017

fl9m2004 wrote:Are trains running as well as the sperry car
I'm sure trains are running. Why wouldn't they be?
  by fl9m2004

I thought srs would inspect the track being how construction is hopefully done
  by Jenbot2007

Does anybody know what is going on tonight? Two southbound trains, one in Milton, one just below Kingston are just sitting there? And some strange questions are being asked on the radio by the dispatchers. Just curious!
  by DanD3815

The Sperry car has been on the Newburgh industrial and off the main, sitting on the newly extended tracks up to the grade crossing there.
  by AMK0123

DanD3815 wrote:The Sperry car has been on the Newburgh industrial and off the main, sitting on the newly extended tracks up to the grade crossing there.
Was in Newburgh this morning and saw the Sperry car (SRS 119) on the siding off of the industrial track by Washington Street. That short section of track isn't new and was originally part of the Erie Newburgh branch that went into a small yard that would transport goods to barge. Sperry car pulled out onto the main around 1130 and headed south to inspect with the CSX designation W005.