• Looking for railroad training consultants

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

by expamerica

Hi There,

I am an educational consultant and I am looking for a service provider that can provide training programs in innovation management, construction/maintenance, policy, management & finance and passenger experience within the rail industry. I was wondering if someone could recommend or point me in the right direction.

thanks,
  by kaitoku

expamerica, you need to be more specific, is this management level or worker level training? Freight RR, transit/commuter operations, or intercity passenger? Also, words like "policy" (what policy?) and "passenger experience" (?) are vague. To start, use of the googles would likely be helpful. For example:
https://www.google.com/#fp=3f59dacd8078 ... s&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by mtuandrew

Welcome, expamerica!

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for either. However, the first place I'd start is at the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association. They run a strong educational outreach program, with several collegiate chapters (I was involved with the Michigan Tech program), and also have online resources. Hope this helps!

Moderator's Note: I'm moving this topic to Railroad Operations, Facilities, Maps and Resources.