• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Train2009

RS41 went by Queens Village this afternoon with 2 GP38s and 11 cars headed back to Fresh Pound at 2:48 PM.
  by AlKaLI

Saturday 4/20 @ about 2 PM near Fresh Pond: 270/271 drilling on the upper Fremont tracks as I drove under on Myrtle Ave and in the east yard were all 3 SW-1001s, a MP15AC or two and GMTX leaser 2081 all tied up.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

Is there any place where one can find any semblance of a schedule listing or approximate times when the NYAR freights run, be they out of the Pond or Pine Aire??? Still on a quest to get more shots, but my recent (last 3 weeks) ventures to L.I., along the Main Line and the Montauk have yielded nothing. Any and all help is appreciated!!! Thanks!! :-)
  by peanut1

GMTX 2081 was down on the Babylon branch last week with two NYA GP38's. They were transferring the diesels from the eastbound end to the westbound end and the load was dropped down the line
  by RRJS3

Decect sized stone train east through Wyandanch about 10 AM today, one geep on the lead with three 15's behind it.
  by mwichten

2 MP15's running light eastbound from Farmingdale around 2 PM Saturday.
  by Train2009

RS40 was seen headed east in Queens Village this morning before 10 AM.
  by mirrodie

the few times I bothered with pics or video, it went unappreciated so Ive since stopped.
  by tj48

Just saw an interesting NYA train eastbound through Deer Park. 2 GP38-2's and 1 MP15ac leading, then 4 empty spline cars and 2 MP15ac's trailing.
  by AlKaLI

Forgot from where but containers of MSW (municipal solid waste) were loaded on spine cars to be hauled off LI.
Isn't somewhere around Deer Park?
  by Train2009

RS41 was running yesterday with 2 GP38s.
  by Dump The Air

driving home from work at about 6:15 this morning spotted 270/271 sitting at BRT with a nice sized train looking set up to run west. there was another cut of cars up at YA siding.