Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Train2009

What is the schedule for today's patrol trains?
  by lirr42

Garrison:
(Photo credits: MTA Flickr)
  by lirr42

New Canaan:
(Photo Credit: MTA Flickr)
  by lirr42

Cold Spring:
(Photo credit: MTA Flickr)
  by lirr42

Harmon Yard:
  by lirr42

Montrose:
(Photos credit: MTA Flickr)
  by lirr42

Port Chester:
  by lirr42

Rye:
  by morris&essex4ever

How did the Southern Tier fare this time around?
  by truck6018

Train2009 wrote:What is the schedule for today's patrol trains?
I don't know about patrol trains but the unofficial word is they are trying to get limited Harlem Line service going is a couple of hours and New Haven Line service between Stamford and GCT at some point today also.

As far as Hudson Line, they have to work on washouts and unauthorized marine vessels on the tracks.

Mind you any information here is unofficial. I have yet to see anything publicly advertised by Metro North or the MTA regarding this.
  by JasW

According to the Times, Cuomo just announced that Metro-North and the LIRR "will begin limited commuter rail service at 2 p.m. on Wednesday." That's in an hour. I don't see anything on mta.info. Can't imagine what service and to where.
  by RearOfSignal

Hourly service between North White Plains and GCT, starting at 2pm. Check www.mta.info
  by Ridgefielder

MTA wrote:Additionally, there is significant track damage in the area of Fairfield.
http://www.mta.info/status/3

I'm assuming the storm surge crossed the tracks either near Southport station or near Fairfield Metro-- or both. Anyone know for sure?
  by Patrick A.

Looks like the New Haven and Hudson lines took a beating. Any word on when there will be enough electricity to even power the catenary/third rail assuming all repairs are complete?