• NS going to Sparrowbush - 7/31

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by railmason357

NS is suppose to move the Strait Bros Circus train to Sparrow tomorrow 7/31/12, where I believe, the NYSW is going to take it west.
  by SecaucusJunction

I would assume he means CP-Sparrow, which is located in Sparrowbush, NY, just west of Port Jervis. If so, it would be a different plan than previous years where it came back east to Croxton..... and would make a lot more sense.
  by northjerseybuff

WOW..They made a move on the east end which makes logical sense! About time
  by K4Pacific

From NYSW/CNY - I just learned we have an 8pm crew tonight (Tuesday) to taxi to Port Jervis, NY to retrieve the James Strates Carnival train (7 coaches & 46 loaded flats). This will have NS power (supposedly) The crew will arrive in Port Jervis @ 10:30pm and expectedly sit there until 11:30pm tonight before going west (reason being is SU-100 and NYSW doesn't want to delay the road freight) This train will take 5 hours to reach Binghamton so if NS re-crews it right away, it can't be running in darkness west of Owego...

Good Luck!
  by SecaucusJunction

GPS still says Middletown as of 10:45pm. Not sure if it is accurate or not. If so, it is running late. I wish all freight trains had a GPS Like this on them...
  by Marty Feldner

Except that the GPS is not always on the train...
  by K4Pacific

Ugh. A good night's sleep and here's your update: It's official. (Yeah, I know. I've written that before. But, hey it is from a professional official.)

Crew is called Binghamton at 1500. Taxi to PJ to pick up the rascal. Dusk through the Delaware and probably into Binghamton at 2230. What a nice evening for quiet railfan experience. Good Luck.
  by K4Pacific

Finally. All going according to plan. Expect it to pull at 1800 and do the usual 25 mph.
  by Autoblock

Strates train thru Hancock at 2030 should be in Bing before long! Stats unknown, good size train tho.