• Maybrook Line Track Charts/ Grades

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by SDCW4300

Did the New Haven have Track Charts or any information showing the grades/ elevations along their lines, that are available? I'm particulaly interested in the Maybrook line right now from Campbell Hall, NY to Devon, CT. Did PC ever establish any for this area?

I have access to the Valuation maps which are a big help, but they have no elevation information. I also have two track charts from Conrail for '84 and '86, but these don't include the Hopewell Jct to Maybrook section. I've also discovered the CR track charts don't jive with either USGS topography maps, or Google earth in the elevations that are on them. One thing I wondering is, if CR just used the NH or PC charts when they did the thiers, or did they resurvey for themselves?

A couple of things I do have are a profile drawing for ND & C showing the elevations of the track from Beacon to Hopewell Jct, NY. (Beacon Secondary) and Dutchess County Preliminary Rail Trail drawings that shows the elevations of the area from Hopewell Jct to short of Poughkeepsie. Although these elevations may be slightly off, since after they removed the track in this area they buried some piping and may not have gotten the grade back to the original elevation, but it's close.

If anyone knows of anyplace to get this information, I would really appriciate it.

Thanks, JohnT
  by chrisnewhaven

There are no Conrail track charts between Campbell Hall and Hopewell Jct. for 1984 and 1986 because the Poughkeepsie Bridge burned in 1974, with service west of the bridge to Campbell Hall being abandoned soon after. Poughkeepsie-Hopewell Jct. remained to service local industries until 1983, when that was abandoned.
C.J.V.
  by chnhrr

What is the purpose for seeking theses grade elevations?
  by SDCW4300

CJV: Thanks, yes I remember when the bridge burned I was just graduating from High school, and I moved from the area just before the abandonment in '83. Wish I took more pictures when I grew up back there.

CHNHRR; I am building a route for the Microsoft Train Simulator of the Maybrook Line from Campbell Hall, NY to Devon, CT.

Since I posted this I have received quite a bit of information from a few people over on the NHRHTA forum, but am interested in any information on the line for comparison and anything that I might not have. In developing the route I will need to info on everything from the track and sidings to buildings, roads, bridges, signals, scenery, and anything else along the line itself.

Thanks, John T
  by Pat Fahey

HI

Track charts for the Maybrook line , http://www.images.lib.uconn.edu/ go to this site you should find what you are looking for , Pat .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.