• South Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

The Salem Branch is a tough one, especially for a shortline. They've been trying to make the Port of Salem there be a bigger operation that would result in more rail traffic for a long time now, but with all the other ports and rail lines around that are very well-established (and much bigger), it's unlikely that would happen anytime soon.
  by AceMacSD

With the right operator, the right time. It could turn a profit.
  by Railcar1

Just saw CA51 parked before Warwick Rd in Somerdale on the trip back to Camden with CSX 4403 and 6971 and about a dozen cars.
  by Railcar1

And the MI61 used the NS 5802 and 5219 last evening as seen through Woodbury heading to Camden.
  by Railcar1

Railcar1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 pm Just saw CA51 parked before Warwick Rd in Somerdale on the trip back to Camden with CSX 4403 and 6971 and about a dozen cars.
Saw them by chance again today with the same power as they were going back to Camden with an empty aluminum coal hopper and 2 covered hoppers.
  by Railcar1

AceMacSD wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:28 am
jdh823 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:24 am
AceMacSD wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 am Not much work down there but there’s potential for growth if done right.
Unfortunately with the current guys that run the SRNJ, it'll stay stagnant.
Change may be coming...
Speaking of which I heard from someone yesterday that the stone trains may be coming back. They are not sure if that’s a rumor or not which is entirely possible so maybe someone here knows or has heard something?
  by Bracdude181

I would imagine if SRNJ is in talks to bring those trains back they'd be desperate to do so. Those trains kept them going.

I will try to look into it.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk