Railroad Forums 

• WN&P in Nashua

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1461303  by trainsinmaine

Can someone tell me approximately where the WN&P used to cross the present Route 111 as it approached Nashua from the southwest? I've looked carefully for traces of it whenever I've driven through the area, but I've never found any much north of Gilson Road. I assume the crossing must have been somewhere in the vicinity of the Rodgers Mobile Homes Park and St. Joseph's RC Church. That part of Nashua has become so densely populated in the past forty years it would seem the roadbed must be almost entirely obliterated.
 #1461365  by deathtopumpkins

It crossed today's NH 111 around Landsdown Dr, here: https://goo.gl/maps/yJpBSJ49f9k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The right of way has been obliterated by road widening and new development between where the tracks and road diverge around Hammar Rd and Simon St on the other side of US 3, but is otherwise pretty clearly traceable today on aerial imagery.

Historic Aerials has topos showing it going back to 1905, and aerial imagery going back to 1947.