Railroad Forums 

• Wisconsin & Southern MP15ACs

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#496615  by uhaul

Last edited by uhaul on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #496663  by Komachi

** Komachi's initial reaction upon hearing this **

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

** And after a nice, soothing cup of green tea realizes that it is a much better fate for these units, even though they may lose their orange and black (I'm partial to the MILW orange and black), "bandit" schemes. **

At least they're in Wisconsin and close to the Milwaukee's namesake city.

#496901  by Nukengineer

I've been looking for these since the beginning of January when the WSOR website said they were getting them. I assume they will go to Horicon to get painted. Any ideas on the timeframes for painting and where they will end up? I guess Horicon, Janesville and Madison. I think these are replacing the SD-20's the WSOR just got rid of.

#499151  by uhaul

I did not know the SD20s were gone until you typed something. There are also two photographs in the 03/08 Model Railroader showing the SD20s devoid of WC markings and stenciled DBCX. Debruce Grain Inc. appears to own several otther locomotives as well.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=DBGX
Groundhog Day

#499330  by PRRGuy

It was a nice surprise seeing those come through my area. Hopefully, I'll get to go up there after they've all been repainted.

Ryan Kertis

#499331  by Nukengineer

The WSOR website has listed the MP15AC's on their roster since the beginning of the year. It also only lists 2 SD-20's (#2051 and 2056). Their homepage photo archive has a picture from 1/6 that has a caption saying the 2051 is their last SD-20 in revenue service.

Havent seen the MP15AC's yet, I expect they are at Horicon by now for painting.

#527951  by Leo_Ames

I thought the Union Pacific acquired all these units in the mid 90s?

#528037  by Burner

uhaul wrote:I did not know the SD20s were gone until you typed something. There are also two photographs in the 03/08 Model Railroader showing the SD20s devoid of WC markings and stenciled DBCX. Debruce Grain Inc. appears to own several otther locomotives as well.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoList.aspx?id=DBGX
Groundhog Day
DeBruce grain elevator in Fremont NE uses an old CNW engine, but its not stenciled DBGX. AFAIK it is still called the CNWXXXX

#536049  by Nukengineer

Saw MP15 # 1506 in Madison today, heading to Janesville on the MJ (I think). It was the 3rd engine after a SD-40 and GP 38. It was still in the old paint and hasnt been repainted yet other than the reporting marks. Havent seen any others. Didnt have my camera handy.