Railroad Forums 

• Where to watch coal cars on grain cars dump load in NW ohio

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#435755  by railohio

Did it ever occur to you people are loathe to help others that don't first contribute to the forums themselves?

#435788  by ToledoRailFan

It just occurred to me that this forum does not have a direct "Report this thread to moderator" button.

Perhaps this change needs to be made in light of idiots like this?

#435889  by Vertstang00

railohio wrote:Did it ever occur to you people are loathe to help others that don't first contribute to the forums themselves?
I recall his first post asking for help. He probably had something to contribute if maybe somebody had kindly responded to his question. Everyone on here has started out at some point in their lives joining this forum for the first time. How quickly people forget that sometime in their miserable lives they started out at the bottom.

#435969  by Rockin' Roller

Could it be that no one had an answer for him?

#437543  by esprrfan

Also I think he meant where watching coal OR grain cars being dumped was open to the public where he could walk up and watch.

Most coal trains are emptied at power plants with rotary dumpers well inside the plant. Which isn't too fond of people just walking in to look around.

Grain too are mostly dumped in private covered facilitys not big on "outsiders" just looking around.

So I don't really think it's a intent to stiff the new guy, rather a case of a question being asked that no one knows a answer to. Everyone here should know whether your 1st post or 10,000th not every question may get a response.