Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1535351  by Gilbert B Norman

It's of course fictional; but somewhere along either NYC electrified line.

"Dorchester" is where the current season of a police procedural "The Sinner", presently airing on USA Network, is set. The train scenes appear quite authentic, so it would appear to be filmed somewhere in "real life".

Good show; check it out.
 #1535568  by Gilbert B Norman

Who am I to dispute an eyewitnesses, but they had a short scene of a train of M-'s proceeding Northward along the Hudson River in the First episode on which one of the protagonists was riding home to "Dorchester" after teaching at a private day school in Manhattan.

Oh well; "that's Hollywood".

But really, it's a good show; has me "glued" - and it's available to binge with On-Demand.
 #1535659  by MSC34

GBN:

I was focusing on the scene at the train station, which is Hartsdale. The film crew caused a traffic nightmare one night, which resulted in the Town of Greenburgh prohibiting future filming during rush hour.

You are correct - there are other scenes with trains zipping up the Hudson; I'm not sure precisely where those scenes were filmed.

Overall I am enjoying this season.

MSC