Railroad Forums 

• Where did the stored cars go at Carousel Mall?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#845750  by chen1234

Drove by the Carousel Mall today and noticed 2 or 3 of the old OnTrak Passenger cars have been taken away, and a tank car put in their place. Anyone know where the other passenger cars were hauled to?
 #847283  by Trainmanal4243

The two ex Conn Dot coaches plus three that were on ADIX at the Rome Park have been sold to NS and shipped south for refurbishment for NS excursion service.

Trainmanal
 #848610  by chen1234

Thanks guys!

I was under the impression that NS was 110% against all things passenger (except for Amtrak, but they really have no choice there). Good to hear they're still doing excursions!
Where do they run them out of?
 #850206  by lvrr325

In fact I read somewhere that NS is reviving their steam program, this time via contracting it out to someone else to at least provide locomotives. So it could be these cars are going for that.
 #850413  by Otto Vondrak

chen1234 wrote:Thanks guys!

I was under the impression that NS was 110% against all things passenger (except for Amtrak, but they really have no choice there). Good to hear they're still doing excursions! Where do they run them out of?
Not so much excursions for the public, but additions to their office car fleet. Of course, there are times they host public excursions and will use cars from their own fleet as well as borrow/lease some from other private car operators.