Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1205991  by lstone19

553, the UP-North private car, has been at California Ave. for the last at least three weeks. It was outside the shop for a couple of days and has been inside ever since (visible from Milwaukee District trains). Anyone know what's going on with it?
 #1211061  by lstone19

Nothing? It's now been another three weeks and it's still inside the shop. Starting to wonder if the 553's club shut down.
 #1212688  by qboy

The club that leases the car is behind on payments to Metra,and also there lease agreement hasn't been negotiated yet. Thats what I got from the engineer on that job when I ask him recently. I have feeling that car will be sitting for a while just as it has been already!
 #1246979  by doepack

553 is back on UP/N, saw it at OTC today. Don't know how long it's been back, but I guess the club got current with their payments...
 #1247195  by lstone19

Oh yeah, I forgot I started this topic. I saw it at Cal. Ave. in its train one day in December (either 12/24 or 12/31) when I was taking a holiday getaway extra home.