Railroad Forums 

• Office Car Special

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#870828  by Noel Weaver

Office car special with four office cars, two FEC and the Georgia and New York from CSX or whatever. This train is slated to leave Bowden (Jacksonville) around 11:00 AM and run straight to Hialeah. I do not know just when it will return north.
I think the train will only be the four office cars plus the FEC power car. FEC cars St. Augustine and Azalea will be part of this train. I suspect they will make a pretty fast run southbound with a lot of VIP's aboard.
Noel Weaver
 #871172  by Noel Weaver

Southbound move was Friday, October 12 leaving Jacksonville (Bowden Yard) a little before noon with 439 and 429, St. Augustine, Azalea, and two CSX business cars the New York and Georgia. Southbound it passed through Fort Lauderdale at about 6:15 PM. Upon arrival at Hialeah Yard (FEC) the riders got off and the train went around the loop, changed crews and immediately deadheaded north to Bowden Yard, Jacksonville. Northbound it went through Fort Lauderdale at 9:12 PM.
The riders were high officials of various railroads, trucking companies and IM carriers. There is an IM convention this weekend at Fort Lauderale and I think that was the reason for this move. Apparently the people who rode down on this train are making different arrangements for their return trips north.
It was too late for pictures locally but I will say even after dark, it was one really neat looking train. OH, almost forgot behind the two engines was the FEC generator car followed by the office cars.
Noel Weaver