Railroad Forums 

• Photo Collections

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#563124  by railfanandy

Just throwing this out there, but I think that having a photo database for each member would be a great addition to the site where the public could come to view our railroad pictures! Everyone that is a registered user would be able to submit railroad related photos, that they've taken, into albums. Take for instance, a Conrail folder, a Canadian Pacific folder, and a CSX folder.

Cheers!
Andy
 #563276  by Otto Vondrak

I think storing those photos off-site in a flickr or picasaweb style of album is a much better idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ottomatic77/sets/

-otto-
 #563868  by Chessie GM50

railfanandy wrote:Just throwing this out there, but I think that having a photo database for each member would be a great addition to the site where the public could come to view our railroad pictures! Everyone that is a registered user would be able to submit railroad related photos, that they've taken, into albums. Take for instance, a Conrail folder, a Canadian Pacific folder, and a CSX folder.

Cheers!
Andy

That might not be such a good idea. It could take up too much Bandwidth, and Disc Space, because I'm sure that RR.net pays by the Gigabyte, and has a limited amount with both.
 #573654  by Plate F

Good thought, but not so great for for our favorite website. I am sure they pay for storage and/or bandwidth in some form or another. So why add the cost while there is a plethora of free hosting options on the net?

I guess the convenience of having it on the same domain would be nice, but I click links to albums in peoples signatures, and I don't have problems that way.