Railroad Forums 

• About the recent forum changes

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#547660  by Otto Vondrak

Chessie GM50 wrote:I can't figure out how in the world to resize images with an [img] tag.
There is no resize with the img tag. Your photo should be pre-sized when you post it.

-otto-
 #548310  by icgsteve

I find it very annoying that clicking on a thread automatically takes me to page one. I know that there are page options but I would prefer that the default was going to the last page.

I am glad that you all finally came around to seeing that the old server was not up to the job, some of us had been saying that for awhile.
 #548639  by alewifebp

icgsteve wrote:I find it very annoying that clicking on a thread automatically takes me to page one. I know that there are page options but I would prefer that the default was going to the last page.
The runs contrary to how nearly every other forum works. The link to go to the last unread is just to the left of the forum topic, which is also nearly standard on every forum.
 #548644  by Pj

If you look to the right of the fourm topic, there is a page selection option...convienantly marked as "1,2,3,4" etc.

If you subscribe to a thread, the email link should bring you to the last read post, and you can scroll down to view the rest of the posts since your last view.

This has always been like this in the last few phpbb releases and nothing new. Just need to watch how this style is setup, but its all still there. Just a different look for now.
 #548750  by Otto Vondrak

icgsteve wrote:I am glad that you all finally came around to seeing that the old server was not up to the job, some of us had been saying that for awhile.
Pff. We came to that realization years ago. It was coming to terms with spending our own money to make the upgrade. We don't shake the cup, but this website operates purely out of our own pocket and any ad revenue we generate. Please consider donating to the cause if you want to see improvements to your RAILROAD.NET experience.

http://railroad.net/donate/

=otto=