Railroad Forums 

• KCS seniority district

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#532139  by pepper0105

i am from monroe la and have applied for conductor job in shreveport la and i was wonder what other cities are in the same seniority district as shreveport la. thanks
 #532358  by resauto

pepper0105 wrote:i am from monroe la and have applied for conductor job in shreveport la and i was wonder what other cities are in the same seniority district as shreveport la. thanks
district 5 6 and 7 are the districts where you can go.

5 is shreveport to De Queen arkansa or up to Hevener Oklahoma

6 is yard in shrevport

7 is down south all the way to Beaumont/ Port Aurthor including Leesville and lake charles

Monroe is not in your seniority district, its part of the midsouth district.
We run trains to monroe from shreveport but like i said...thats covered by the midsouth guys. good luck!

#532378  by pepper0105

thanks man, is baton rouge part of the mid south district?

#534934  by GCOR 1.7

No. Baton Rouge is part of the L&A. Shreveport to New Orleans. Baton Rouge is no place to get hired right now either. They're cutting the board constantly. We have two guys on our board from there now and 2 holding jobs on our side with more holding jobs in Shreveport and Latanier. Not a choice place just now. Actually, the lowest guys on the L&A got cut off recently, so we're not necessarily the place you want to try for just now.

I left you an explanation of the subs on the employment board post you made. Follow that advice - if you want to stay around Monroe, hire Midsouth. We have guys down here that have been trying to switch sides for years and can't get in. Don't let the interviewers make you think it's an easy thing to do, cause it's not. If you can get a spot on the Midsouth though, take it. They have a great contract.

#536725  by pepper0105

hey man thanks for the advice i really appreciate it, i know what you mean about the transferring though, i work for the up in iowa right now and i'd like to get closer to home but they pretty much make it impossible to transfer but since i already have a decent job i really don't want to make the switch unless i could work out of monroe. so once again thanks you've really been helpful

Re:

#547369  by GCOR 1.7

pepper0105 wrote:hey man thanks for the advice i really appreciate it, i know what you mean about the transferring though, i work for the up in iowa right now and i'd like to get closer to home but they pretty much make it impossible to transfer but since i already have a decent job i really don't want to make the switch unless i could work out of monroe. so once again thanks you've really been helpful
You're welcome. (I'm a "hey lady" by the by. :) )
 #606441  by conductbud64

What makes up the other districts?
Pittsburg Kansas and Hevener Oklahoma both have Conductor trainee jobs listed. Anybody have info on working at either place?
Where is the Conductor training at?

Thanks