Railroad Forums 

• Is it possible to subscribe to a forum? YES!

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#302625  by jrevans

I know that I can subscribe to a thread, so that I get an email everytime
a new posting is made, but I was wondering if it was possible to subscribe to an entire forum.

For example, I'd like to get an email whenever a new topic is created on the Pennsylvania Railfan forum.

I read the FAQ and did a search, but couldn't find the information that I want.

#302725  by Mike Roque

Although our original home-built forums did, the current version of phpBB does not support forum subscriptions. However, the new version (3.x) will support it.

As soon as the new version is released, we plan to upgrade to support that as well as a bunch of other big improvements.
 #302752  by jrevans

Thanks for the update.

I thought that it should be possible, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it....

#302849  by benltrain

webmaster wrote:Although our original home-built forums did, the current version of phpBB does not support forum subscriptions. However, the new version (3.x) will support it.

As soon as the new version is released, we plan to upgrade to support that as well as a bunch of other big improvements.
When will these changes happen? Will it mean user stats, threads, etc. will be deleted/reset?

#302953  by Mike Roque

benltrain wrote:When will these changes happen? Will it mean user stats, threads, etc. will be deleted/reset?
No...all we'll be doing is updating the forum software.

phpBB is an open source application, so when the next version is released is dependent on the project contributors. The short answer is...soon. ;)

#431690  by toolmaker

Did this update occur? I was hoping to subscribe to specific forums too.

Thanks,

Gary

#431693  by Mike Roque

Nope, we're still waiting for phpBB 3.0. It's at the release candidate stage, so the final release should be available very soon.

http://www.phpbb.com/