Railroad Forums 

• Model railroading forum lost in the shuffle?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#346976  by mu26aeh

Yeah, I agree.

#347016  by CIOR

My finger got tired from wheeling it down so far.

#347188  by gprimr1

Post wise, I feel this forum should be a little higher on the list, we do see a fair amount of traffic here.

#347191  by CIOR

Mike Roque wrote:
CIOR wrote:My finger got tired from wheeling it down so far.
LOL...Oh, come on now... :-D
Really I am not joking. Its sad it got moved to the bottom. Just another reason to leave. Sad you demote the forum that badly.

#347201  by Mike Roque

We're in the process of making some other changes, and we'll explain when we're done, but the short story is, we're reorganizing some things to make it easier to find things and get around. The order of forums on the main page is about logical structure, not necessarily importance and/or traffic.

#347208  by gprimr1

Then it would only be right to reserve judgment until then.

#347213  by Otto Vondrak

CIOR, I think you're being a little extreme. Traffic has nothing to do with it. Besides, this forum is in the Top Ten on the home page... doesn't get much higher than that!

http://www.railroad.net

Besides... you ain't seen nothing yet.

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#347214  by stilson4283

Did Mike mention that position on the forum was never related to popularity or what the owners thought of the forum.

If you cannot make it down to the MR forum go to the homepage and click the link for model rr on the lower left if you cannot make it down to the bottom.

Don't worry COIR I believe in you, just do some quick finger cals before you visit rr.net.

Chris

:wink:

#347270  by LandDownUnder

Being a casual browser here, I was a tad confused scrolling to the usual spot to see the Model Railroading forum... 'gone' :-)

After a slight panic, revealed it being moved to it's new location.

Ahhh forget it...... I just bookmark the forum page, as it tends to be the first and only thing I visit on railroad.net :P

#347314  by Sir Ray

Otto Vondrak wrote:Besides... you ain't seen nothing yet.
You see, now this kind of crazy talk gets me worried...
Besides kvetching that there are too many of them, has anyone been complaining about the order/organziation of the forums?
No, of course not - mostly we complain about Otto locking threads :P

#347344  by Otto Vondrak

dO nOt rUn aWaY... wE aRe yOuR fRiEnDs...

-ottO-

#347403  by CIOR

Otto Vondrak wrote:dO nOt rUn aWaY... wE aRe yOuR fRiEnDs...

-ottO-
That is what I am worried about. Besides, can't you tell I HATE CHANGE!!!!!!

:P

Give me more smilie faced icons, more EMOTION... Jesh