Railroad Forums 

• Idea for a new forum

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#344485  by gprimr1

This has probably been suggested before (and probably voted down) but what about an off-topic forum. I've seen them on other themed sites and they usually are only viewable by registered members (and in one case, registered members with a certain number of posts.) and are a fun way to get to know people beyond the scope of railroading.

Certain topics like Politics and religion could still be taboo.

#344497  by Noel Weaver

I am sorry but I do not agree with the previous, this is a railroad forum
supported privately and should remain just what it is, railroaddotnet.
Noel Weaver

#344506  by powerpro69

I thought it was a good idea

#344519  by scottychaos

I also am very against "off topic" forums..because they always degrade into pointless drivel about politics, and people just yell and scream and people who were friends before grow to hate each other..

and there is no point to having an off-topic forum here..
if you want to talk about politics, religion, nascar, UFO's..whatever..there are already a billion already existing forums on those topics you can go to.

I vote no.

Scot

#344525  by powerpro69

I also am very against "off topic" forums..because they always degrade into pointless drivel about politics, and people just yell and scream and people who were friends before grow to hate each other..
You mean, kinda like the BLET vrs The UTU threads?

#344531  by scottychaos

powerpro69 wrote:
I have no idea what that means..
must be a forum I never read..

All I know is that I have seen a lot of "off topic" forums..
and they suck, and I see no point to having one here.

sorry..just my opinion..

Scot

#344662  by git a holt to it

powerpro69 wrote:
That wouldn't be off topic, rr operations or employment

#344733  by powerpro69

I wasn't referring to off topic, I was referring to shouting and screaming and falling out, it was a joke and yall are one tough crowd.

#345037  by Mike Roque

I t think we should avoid an off-topic forum. The topic of discussion here is railroads. There are plenty of ways to interact on off-topic matters, including IM, PM, Email, etc.

#345080  by Noel Weaver

git a holt to it wrote:
powerpro69 wrote:
That wouldn't be off topic, rr operations or employment
At least the BLE and the UTU are railroad oriented unions that represent
railroad people. Unfortunately, the two of them have an occasional love
but often hate relationship.
Noel Weaver

#345093  by powerpro69

OK, no more jokes from me :(

#345103  by Alloy

I think it's funny, Powerpro, but I didn't get here in time.

I don't think off-topics would work here, either. That seems to work better on forums where the off-topic section lightens up the seriousness of the forum topic. I don't see that need here.

#345165  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah. lets talk railroading here. Altough I like to discuss School Buses in Southeastern Massachusets as well, but I can do that at the School Bus Forums, does not neeed to be here. I agree with Noel Weaver and schottychaos.