Railroad Forums 

• Duel

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#79202  by theShrubber

Amazing how the 6 cylinder Plymouth Valiant held back the tractor trailer from pushing him under the train
Well, the truck is just toying with him at this point.

A bit of a blooper: When the car pulls up to the RR crossing, it is blocked by the crossing gate. A shot or two later, when the truck pulls up behind it, the car is further over, so that when the truck pushes it toward the train, it doesn't crash into the gate first.

Notice too that the front bumper of the truck is some welded-up RR track.

(I've seen this movie way to many times.)

- Roger

#79947  by theShrubber

One other "Duel" - rail road connection:

The woman who runs the gas station with all the snakes (Lucille Benson) is also in "the Silver Streak," as the woman who flies George Caldwell to catch up with his train.

- Roger

#335422  by CNW5022-A519

Guys just watched my copy of Duel the version that was just released on dvd, U30c is 7931. I forgot how good that movie is, by the way it looked like Southern Pac got free advertisement everything is named and nothing is edited.