Railroad Forums 

• Post editing

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#322725  by ExEMDLOCOTester

I have had an instance where I responded to a post (without quoting), and the poster revised the post, but I am not sure what was revised. When a post is edited by the author, will all subsequent quotes to that post be edited too?

#322745  by pablo

I think that when you use the quote feature, it's whatever you physically quote. If you quote it, and the poster later changes it, I think that you'd have to edit your post yourself.

Dave Becker

#322829  by ExEMDLOCOTester

pablo wrote:I think that when you use the quote feature, it's whatever you physically quote. If you quote it, and the poster later changes it, I think that you'd have to edit your post yourself.

Dave Becker
I assume that is the way it works too.

From your answer, Mr. Becker, it appears you are assuming too! (No disrespect intended). :wink:

I am trolling for a definitive answer from the "Top" (Webmaster God). :-D

#322871  by pablo

Very nifty. I was indeed assuming, and your quoting of me is the sort of example I was going to look for.

I think you answered your own question...but web God? Otto? Mike? Jessy? TerryC?

Dave Becker

#322900  by Tadman

hehe - terryc - are we still making jokes about him?

hehe....

Can we turn an SD70 into a GP7 replica for use on metro north?

#322943  by GOLDEN-ARM

Tadman wrote:hehe - terryc - are we still making jokes about him?

hehe....

Can we turn an SD70 into a GP7 replica for use on metro north?

Let me look at railpictures.net, and get back to you, on that. (along with half a dozen photos, that don't relate to your post, at all......... :P ) Love, TerryC............... :P

#323363  by benltrain

Otto Vondrak wrote:I left a burnt offering at the Altar of the Web God, and I await guidance from above...#$(*#$#!!!
:-D -ottttto- :-D
ExEMDLOCOTester, does that answer your question?

#323678  by pablo

Edited!!!! Mwahhh

Dave Becker
Last edited by pablo on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#323722  by ExEMDLOCOTester

pablo wrote:I think that when you use the quote feature, it's whatever you physically quote. If you quote it, and the poster later changes it, I think that you'd have to edit your post yourself.

Dave Becker
Dave as a test, please edit what you wrote and we will see if this post changes!

#323723  by ExEMDLOCOTester

Otto Vondrak wrote:I left a burnt offering at the Altar of the Web God, and I await guidance from above...

-otto-
I do hope it wasn't you first born that was offered !!!!!

#323736  by ExEMDLOCOTester

benltrain wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:I left a burnt offering at the Altar of the Web God, and I await guidance from above...#$(*#$#!!!
:-D -ottttto- :-D
ExEMDLOCOTester, does that answer your question?
No, but thanks. When Dave Becker edits his first post the question will be answered....

#323865  by benltrain

When you quote, it looks like this (i turned coding off for this post):

[quote="Otto Vondrak"]I left a burnt offering at the Altar of the Web God, and I await guidance from above...

-otto-[/quote]

You can edit that, but it's essentailly typing for you- it's not linked to the other post.

#323907  by pablo

Nope. No change. I edited it above. It's a code thing in the new post.

Dave Becker