Railroad Forums 

• Environmental Commercial-- US Govt.

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#281882  by Engineer James

Well, i hope everybody has seen the new commercial about Global Warming put out by the US Government on their local or cable tv stations. However, does anyone know which railroad they are using, and also the locomotive?? Just wondering.

#281979  by pennsy

Hi All,

Played it back and yes, I have seen it on TV. I don't see that much black smoke coming from a diesel even on Cajon Pass, CA with a dozen engines on the point and 150+ loaded cars in tow. Cajon Pass has a continuou 3+ percent grade. That is real mountain railroading.

Metrolink and Amtrak are rather sensitive to such things on their engines. Accordingly, the EMD F-59's both PH and PHI, have been praised by the EPA for their clean exhausts and non-polluting the environment. I believe they once stated that these engines were cleaner than the 18 wheelers on the freeways.

#282270  by Engineer James

Pennsy> No, I mean where did they get the loco?? It looks like a 40 Tonner doesn't it? I do not remember that paint scheme though.