Railroad Forums 

• Trains on T.V. tonight

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#281966  by myfavscr

Tonight at 9:00 pm on the National Geographic Channel there is a new
show on called "Impact on the Rails" in which they reconstruct a deadly
train wreck(doesn't say which one).

At 10:00 pm the History Channel repeats an episode of "Mega Movers"
called Locomotives. Something to check out if you have these stations.

#282060  by myfavscr

"Impact on the rails" was not on tonight. NGC must have changed their
schedule from what the star ledger tv listing printed. Sorry for the
misinformation.

#282074  by amoreho1

its on at 12am est

#282075  by FireChaserE3

So far, the show on the History Channel is about moving a house....not locomotives.

Jim F.

#282083  by amoreho1

at least not yet there still another 1/2 hour

#282084  by Sir Ray

FireChaserE3 wrote:So far, the show on the History Channel is about moving a house....not locomotives.

Jim F.
Well, the 'house' being moved is actually the Morton train depot, so I guess it's railroad related...

#282091  by Sir Ray

OK, now they're up to moving Santa Fe 5000 ('Madame Queen')
Not exactly that 'edge of seat' shocking, regardless of what fast editing, cutting, and dramatic music the show's producers use... :P

#282105  by amoreho1

then they moved an sp steam loco in texas

#282133  by myfavscr

The show was a bit disappointing.kind of sorry i mentioned it. :wink:

#282248  by Tom_E_Reynolds

I liked it, but would agree that it could have been better.

I felt like it wasn't done by a "railfan", and therefore they didn't really know what was important and interesting to us.

#282253  by Sir Ray

Tom_E_Reynolds wrote:I liked it, but would agree that it could have been better.
I felt like it wasn't done by a "railfan", and therefore they didn't really know what was important and interesting to us.
Well, it was pretty much geared for an audience who want to see big, cumbersome things move - the Morton Depot move could have been any large frame building from the turn of the previous century, and the SP loco could have been really any sort of large vehicle (say, a 19th century canal barge) that could be picked up with a gantry crane and moved by trailer.
Only the Santa Fe 5000 Madam Queen was truly rail oriented, with the repeated reuse of sectional track as the loco was dragged along it by bulldozer (and even the 90degree turning of the track to make a corner).
Yes, the show wasn't geared to railfans, but it was still pretty interesting in an industrial operation way...
 #282819  by Railjourner

You may want to consider Direct TV. The RFD network airs the 1hr long show "Trains and Locos" four times each week (new episode each week). I usually record each new show. Good stuff.

#283275  by Jtgshu

What is the RFD network? I have DirecTV and never noticed that one - i have the "middle" package hahahah - Total Choice Plus is it?

#283277  by amoreho1

i had direct if i remember right its in the upper channels i don't remember the number

i'd check the direct tv web site maybe theyll have the channel numbers there