Railroad Forums 

• CharlieCard / Ticket discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#280423  by geoff2

Re: the insurance discount, if you're getting them through your employer, hopefully the employer will have the capability to print out a record showing which months you obtained passes.

#280627  by The Collector at Court St

Hi TG.

The Charlie Card can be an internet accessable account or possibly just a printed statement account, as is your FastLane. They have either option available to them (the T.,) and the decision hasn't been made, or at least made public. A copy of your Charlie Account will reflect your monthly pass purchase.

#281265  by Diverging Route

The Collector at Court St wrote:Hi TG.

The Charlie Card can be an internet accessable account or possibly just a printed statement account, as is your FastLane. They have either option available to them (the T.,) and the decision hasn't been made, or at least made public. A copy of your Charlie Account will reflect your monthly pass purchase.
This sounds like the best bet.

I just hope they figure out how they'll be used to the satisfaction of both conductors and commuters on the CR. Otherwise, CharlieCard monthly passes will be only useful for Bus, Subway, and Combo (minus those who use the CR for close-in stations).

#281715  by dieciduej

Wellington is now operational, as of this August 15th morning. I normally get there about 6 AM-ish so usually no lines but it would be interesting to see the 7 to 9 AM crowds. Now I just have to wait for Ruggles and both ends of my run will be done.

JoeD

#281728  by sjd0356

As of this morning Sullivan's turnstyles were blocked off so they're not wasting anytime shoving Charlie down our throats.

#281735  by Robert Paniagua

Park Street is showing some progress on the Lechmerebound side. I heard is next week when I can finally enjoy swiping the TAP CharlieCard when I leave work to go home in the afternoons also!!

#281741  by blink55184

Robert Paniagua wrote:Park Street is showing some progress on the Lechmerebound side. I heard is next week when I can finally enjoy swiping the TAP CharlieCard when I leave work to go home in the afternoons also!!
I saw the purchase machines were there this morning

#282110  by BigRock

Anyone have an updated schedule as to when the northern Red Line will be charlie-ized? (Davis, Porter, and Harvard)

#282720  by BigRock

I was at Porter today and i think they are starting to Charlie-ize. There is conduit coming out of the secondary token booth along the ceiling, and an area next to the primary token booth is closed off with worker equipment.

#283914  by gus

I took the silver line from the airport to south station this morning, and the bus had the new farebox. The driver said that I could use a stored value Charlieticket, but I did not seen any vending machines.

#284211  by mattster

Park Street northbound was up and running tonight. I went down to try them out and afterward as I crossed to the other tracks via Park Street Under I heard a Red Line train announcement. They've been pretty good with converting these stations quickly.

#284837  by dieciduej

Trash that’s all it is.

The past several mornings at Wellington I have noticed the trash on the stairs going down to the platform has increased. Today all I saw were discarded Stored Value CharlieTickets on the stairs and halfway down the platform. So about that new PA announcement “Please dispose of your used Charlies properly.”

JoeD

#284890  by helium

Clearly there are always going to be a-holes who choose to litter.
But couldn't the T have a trash bin with a small slot in it for used tickets, right near the gates?
That way only the tickets could go in it and easily be recycled.

#285426  by aline1969

If you buy a monthly pass from south station/govt'center ect... the card is pure plastic like old ones... if bought from new machines in stations.. the monthly pass is a paper version.