Railroad Forums 

• Xenia, OH

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#261  by MR77100

I remember hearing about a book about Xenia, OH, which is now railroad ghost town. Who publishes it, and where can I find it?
 #2592  by bill haithcoat

Not to be sarcastic or irreverent, but wasn't Xenia, Ohio, always completely blown away by a tornado a few years ago, and did not rebuild? Or did it rebuild and I am all wrong?

#10980  by krobar

The F5 that hit Xenia was back in the 70s, I think it was 70, or 73. The town was rebuilt and was not abandoned. I couldn't tell you about the rail lines though.
 #15313  by Tom Pulsifer

Go to the Ohio Railfan forum and click on "Xenia". Lots of info including mention of the book you may be looking for.
 #26867  by Smilin' Ed

Xenia is a suburb of Dayton, OH. The tornado was in 1973 or 1974. We lived in nearby Englewood till late summer of 1973. Shortly after our move I opened either Life or Look Magazine and seeing pictures of the devastation. That had to have been a tough one to live through!

In those days we used to railfan B&O and Penn-Central and another line, could have been DT&I, but I'm not sure.